Saturday, November 20, 2010

A thirfty shoppers dream.

One of my many favorite things to do is shop at thrift stores. The wide array of junk cool stuff is amazing! Oh the things that I could spend my money on! On a recent trip, we bought a Krups espresso machine for $10!

This trip was extra special. In Salem there is a Goodwill Surplus store. They charge by the pound, not by the item. **I like this especially because our local goodwill store is managed by a money hungry whore very nice lady who likes to charge a little more than what would be expected at a second hand store.** After an hour of playing in the bins, this is what we came up with...

18 brand name T-Shirts, 2 sweatshirts, 3 pairs of "jammie" pants, 1 purse, 1 pair pf slippers, countless yards of fabric, 9 spools of yarn, and a bunch of clothes pins! - Some of this is not in the picture because it is being worn by my beautiful bonus babies -

The fabric and some of the shirts will be used to make "up-cycled" grocery bags and purses, and the rest will be worn. Guess how much was spent here? $35 dollars!

I shouldnt have to recomend this to anyone, you all should be jumping out of your seats ready to race to your nearest Goodwill Surplus. But GO! See what you can come up with!

Jess

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow, that is an amazing haul! I need some winter clothes, so I may go check it out!

Mimi

Mimi said...

I commented on your A Thrifty Shoppers Dream post.

hoerauf at comcast dot net