What a day!
I slept in, which is never a positive thing. Then not even an hour after everyone was awake, my baby shocked himself! Luckily it was not that bad.
When we moved in to this apartment, the living room base-board heater never worked. Never has, and never will. The cover plate had gotten kicked off in the chaos of the morning leaving what at first glance looked like a covered wire. NOPE! The end was completely bare. I thought I could just tuck it back in and close the plate, but it started sparking EVERYWHERE! Naturally, I was in a panic. Luckily my girlfriend was over for coffee and play time, and she helped my coral the children while I frantically flipped every breaker I could, called the landlord and watched the wall like crazy all day just waiting for it to spontaneously com-bust.
Now here we are. Electrician is coming tomorrow. Kids are safely asleep, and I have learned a whole lot about children getting shocked. Luckily it was a tiny shock and nothing as scary as it seamed this morning. Just enough to scare him and me.
On the positive side, my Chicken Slurp turned out amazing as always. This time I used fettuccine noodles instead of macaroni, making me a little more slurpee for the kids. They got a lot of enjoyment from it.
But now, as I type this, it is my quiet time. The twins are in bed and D is enjoying his well earned computer time as am I. I may indulge in a few Private Practice re-runs until the hubby gets home. Then he is all mine!