Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving Leftovers - What To Do?!



thanksgiving-plate-cakelettes-1.jpg


Leftovers are a huge problem at my house. Every night while I am cooking dinner, I dread finding another spot in the fridge to pack away the leftovers that too often go to waste. Thanksgiving brings a lot to be thankful for; family, food, tradition and more food!

When I stumbled apon this brilliant recipe, I thought - instead of using fresh ingredients, why not use leftovers?!

While I plan on mixing the turkey and stuffing to creat the bottom layer, the original recipe calls for turkey meatloaf. I am not a big fan of meatloaf.

These are super perfect for picky eaters, because they look like cupcakes making them more fun to eat!

You can find the original recipe over at Fetette Blog.

My version is simple, pile up the leftovers in whatever fashion you please!

Mine goes *from bottom to top* -

Turkey and stuffing mixed with a tiny bit of gravy
Green bean cassorol
Potatoes
A dribble of gravy

Bake at 350 until reheated or lightly browned potatoes.

YUM! I will be pre-making these thursday night for a quick dinner after all that exhausting black friday shopping!

No comments: