Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Public Assistance Rant



It makes me sad to see so many families struggling in this economic downfall. It has taken a toll on so many people, making food banks and government services over run. But then what makes me sick is people abusing the system for a dollar. Skeevy people will come and go in your life, and it is hard sometimes to pick out the ones that are the real  losers.

I will be the first to admit that yes, I get food stamps and WIC. My children have state health care. What other way is there? Hubbi stepped down as manager from his company when we found out I was pregnant. Not the smartest financial move, but he did it so he could be around the family more often. Otherwise he would be at work seventy hours a week, and never see the kids. I had to quit my job. It would have cost us almost two thousand dollars just to keep the children in day care. I would be working to pay someone else raise my children, and have nothing left over.

He makes a little over 1500 a month. Just enough to pay the bills and keep gas in our cars.

Sad.

Very sad.

So we need the system.

I know some VERY capable people. They could run out and get a job, but they choose to stay at home and spend there money on drugs and alcohol. They call it "Working for the government". It makes me sick to my stomach.

People like that make it so that I can not get MUCH needed health care. My uterus is covered in cysts, making sex painful. Walking sometimes is even painful. I need several cavities filled, ones that make it painful to eat. *I take care of my teeth, I have had cavities since I can remember, the Dentist says my teeth are crumbly by nature and gave me a huge list of food that I can not eat and told me to brush and floss at least ten times a day*

But I am wait listed. Because people on un-employment and cash assistance get first dibs on health care. So maybe I am just ranting because I can't have sec or eat anything, but to know people who are abusing the system while I am suffering makes me sick.

I would egg there house if I was still 15.

Seriously.

PS - I HATE IT ON  TEEN MOM, WHEN THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO AFFORD FOOD, RENT AND OTHER AMENITIES WHEN I KNOW THEY KNOW THAT THERE IS PUBLIC ASSISTANCE. I AM NOT SAYING IT IS RIGHT FOR EVERYONE, BUT BEING A TEEN MOM MYSELF... IT JUST DOES NOT MAKE SENSE TO ME!

No comments: