1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-10 inch tube pan.
2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized plastic bag. Cut the biscuits into halves or quarters and place six to eight biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Shake well.
3. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the greased pan. Continue layering until all the biscuit pieces are coated and in the pan. If you are using raisins, place them among the biscuit pieces as you are layering.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the layered biscuits.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a plate. Pull apart and enjoy!
At home we have used several different types of pans with the hopes of finding one that works the best. It really varies depending on what kind of monkey bread you would enjoy the most. If you like it crunchy, use a glass pan. If you like it moist and sticky use a pound cake pan *this is my favorite because some of the bread stays sticky, but if you leave it in an extra five, it gets crunchy as well*.